Lick mats for dogs:
- Slow down the meal of a greedy pet.
- Relieve stress and calms the dog. When licking, they release, among others, endorphins.
- Contribute to meeting behavioral needs and minimize the risk of destructive behavior.
- Clean the tongue, which prevents unpleasant odor from the dog's mouth.
- Perfect for overweight or obese dogs. A slower meal allows your dog to feel full faster.
- They are available in 2 shapes and dimensions: 21 x 21 cm and 18.5 x 15.5 cm.
- Available in two colors: blue and yellow.
What should I fill the mats with?
You can use wet dog food, peanut butter (without xylitol and other additives), pumpkin or other vegetable purée and fruit purees, e.g. dried banana.
Cleaning lick mats
Lick mats can be difficult to clean as they have small gaps filled with food. After use, it is worth soaking it in warm water and then using a brush or sponge to remove any food residue.
Using the mat
Your dog should use lick mats when you are nearby. Some dogs may "play" with the mat after finishing their meal. They turn it over with their paw or teeth. By stopping this behavior, you will ensure that the mat is not damaged and will last for a long time.